Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rest in PEACE Guiding Light

Kimisha L. Pierce As much as the demise of Guiding Light breaks my heart into a million pieces, the sad fact is that the blame lies solely with the producers of this show. There were many things that could have been done over the last several years to prevent this, things that were not insurmountable by any means, and it didn't happen. Personally, in my humble opinion, I strongly feel that the video major college freshmen cinematography that the show was so fixated on was the main issue that dug its grave. No matter how good the story is, the amateur filming style was too distracting. Although, I did my part and tried to the contribute to ratings, one person is not enough. It's too bad online viewing did not count, at least as far as I know. If so that's BULLSHIT! They could have come up with a way to figure that in, that would have saved it alone.!!! In any case GL being gone is a blasphemous tragedy!
A show that's been in existence since the 30's on radio, & tv since the 50's should still be here. SHAME Ellen Wheeler/P&G

No comments:

Post a Comment